Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net> on 2011/12/06 12:25:28 UTC

How to get better readable Manifest files with the maven bundle plugin

There is a fixed issue for this
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-2872).

I just updated my bundle to use 2.3.6 but the Manifest still looks as
ugly as before. Do I have to set special options to make this work?

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect

Re: How to get better readable Manifest files with the maven bundle plugin

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.
On 6 Dec 2011, at 11:25, Christian Schneider wrote:
> There is a fixed issue for this (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-2872).
>
> I just updated my bundle to use 2.3.6 but the Manifest still looks as ugly as before. Do I have to set special options to make this work?

Hmm I could have sworn this was working after I updated the plugin to use the bnd manifest writer everywhere for consistency, but it looks like you're right. I also see that the bnd issue to add pretty-printing https://github.com/bndtools/bnd/issues/83 didn't make it into the latest bnd update we picked up.

Note that the suggested workaround from that issue is to use the bnd command-line:

   java -jar bnd.jar print mybundle.jar

to pretty-print bundle manifests.

Once https://github.com/bndtools/bnd/issues/83 is fixed we will pick it up in the next update - and the changes made in 2.3.6 mean that the merged manifest will also use the same consistent formatting.