Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Andriy Kharchuk <an...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/25 21:23:16 UTC

How to implement browsing history

Hi guys,

Is there standard or preferable way to enable user to go back when he/she
browses website?
As of now I can think only of caching something like
http://acegisecurity.org/acegi-security/xref/org/acegisecurity/ui/savedrequest/SavedRequest.htmlor
request.getRequestURL()+request.getQueryString() (in case of GET request) in
user session.

Thanks,
Andriy

Re: How to implement browsing history

Posted by Chris Pratt <th...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 1:23 PM, Andriy Kharchuk
<an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
>  Is there standard or preferable way to enable user to go back when he/she
>  browses website?
>  As of now I can think only of caching something like
>  http://acegisecurity.org/acegi-security/xref/org/acegisecurity/ui/savedrequest/SavedRequest.htmlor
>  request.getRequestURL()+request.getQueryString() (in case of GET request) in
>  user session.
>
>  Thanks,
>  Andriy

You might want to look for a breadcrumb solution.  That is a very
common way to provide users a path backwards through your site.
  (*Chris*)