Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/03 01:34:18 UTC

Re: Cordova for Ubuntu

Plugins have been merged and pushed to Dev.

Comments:
- No geolocation plugin support, any specific reason why?
- Ubuntu isn't using config.xml the same way other platforms do. Most of
the plugins don't have feature tags for ubuntu. Was this done for a reason?
It would be better to follow the way other platforms handle adding plugins
to config.xml for consistency among platforms. I noticed the ones that did
have feature tags had the name set to Camera. I figured this was a copy
paste error and I fixed it up where applicable.

Please send any pull requests to the apache repos now. Make sure you grab
the latest.

The cordova-ubuntu mirror can be found at
https://github.com/apache/cordova-ubuntu

I still need to spend more time with plugman + CLI before I feel
comfortable merging in the ubuntu branches. They are setup as branches on
the main repos currently.

Plugins release will be happening very soon! Hopefully the CLI + Plugman
are ready for primetime for the 3.3.0 release coming up.

Cheers,
-Steve

Re: Cordova for Ubuntu

Posted by Maxim Ermilov <ma...@canonical.com>.
https://github.com/apache/cordova-cli/pull/103

> Plugins have been merged and pushed to Dev.
awesome! thank you.

> No geolocation plugin support, any specific reason why?
ups. I forget about it:( I will publish patches for it later today.

> Most of the plugins don't have feature tags for ubuntu. Was this done for
a reason?
yes.
cordova-ubuntu uses feature tags to specify additional required permissions
& shared libraries.
most plugins does not need them.

> I noticed the ones that did have feature tags had the name set to Camera.
> I figured this was a copy paste error and I fixed it up where applicable.
It was a copy paste error.

> Hopefully the CLI + Plugman are ready for primetime for the 3.3.0 release
coming up.
is there any blocking issue?

______
Cheers,