Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/29 23:28:03 UTC

Using TomEE 1.5.2 SNAPSHOT, and NO errors in log files!!!

I just wanted to let you all know, that I am a new user, using TomEE. I
started using TomEE 1.5.1 SNAPSHOT, then TomEE 1.5.1, and now TomEE 1.5.2
SNAPSHOT...on my Windows Server 2003 32bit 4GB RAM production server. It is
running very well. I like to monitor the log files for TomEE exceptions
(like LOCK errors related to @Schedule methods in @Singleton beans), and
exceptions caused by my web app.

I am pleased to report that I am seeing NO errors in the log files, and
TomEE 1.5.2 SNAPSHOT is running really well!

Recently, I added multiple @Schedule methods to ONE @Singleton bean, and i
ran into LOCK errors/exceptions, so I resolved that by moving the @Schedule
methods to their own @Singleton bean. Today/yesterday, I just recognized
the TomEE Schedule Methods example [1], so I'm planning to use the sample
code provided in that example and move the @Schedule methods back to one
@Singleton bean and monitor how it performs...in production. :)

Thank you TomEE/OpenEJB committers/users!!!

I'm loving TomEE!!!

Re: Using TomEE 1.5.2 SNAPSHOT, and NO errors in log files!!!

Posted by José Luis Cetina <ma...@gmail.com>.
I need 1.5.2 Snapshot because some other issues fixed in this version.

Posted by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by José Luis Cetina <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
José,

--
Jean-Louis

Re: Using TomEE 1.5.2 SNAPSHOT, and NO errors in log files!!!

Posted by José Luis Cetina <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by José Luis Cetina <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
Great!

--
Jean-Louis

Re: Using TomEE 1.5.2 SNAPSHOT, and NO errors in log files!!!

Posted by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
Side note, feel free to push a small message on G+ to share your user
experience.

JLouis

--
Jean-Louis

Re: Using TomEE 1.5.2 SNAPSHOT, and NO errors in log files!!!

Posted by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com>.
You're welcome. My pleasure! I tend to be a communicator, and I become very
much the loyal type when I am treated well, and I like to spread/share the
news and/or my experience! :)

FYI, my endusers are loving the web app, too!

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi Howard,

--
Jean-Louis

Re: Using TomEE 1.5.2 SNAPSHOT, and NO errors in log files!!!

Posted by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com>.
Forgot the following footnote:

[1] http://openejb.apache.org/examples-trunk/schedule-methods/README.html