Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tim Ringwood <tr...@yahoo.com> on 2002/06/27 16:03:51 UTC

Xtags and Tomcat I am pretty dang new to Tomcat and

I am pretty dang new to Tomcat (using 4.0.3) and have
a few times tried to get Xtags to work. I need to
translate XML to HTML using XSL. That's the only
functionality I need. Xtags looked like the answer.

No matter what I do I get the message:

javax.servlet.ServletException:
javax/xml/transform/URIResolver
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:481)
	at
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247

I have the xtags jar file in WEB_INFlib as well as
tomcat's common lib. I have the xtags.tld in placed
and define in my web.xml.

I can get my own custom tags to work.

So what is up with Xtags.

I am sure I am just doing something silly which being
a newbie I am just am overlooking. But if I can't this
to work (XML/XSL and Tomcat) they'll make me use ASP!
Help!

thanks for any help,

tim

Re: Xtags and Tomcat I am pretty dang new to Tomcat and

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@socialchange.net.au>.
On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 07:03:51AM -0700, Tim Ringwood wrote:
> I am pretty dang new to Tomcat (using 4.0.3) and have
> a few times tried to get Xtags to work. I need to
> translate XML to HTML using XSL. That's the only
> functionality I need. Xtags looked like the answer.
>
> No matter what I do I get the message:
>
> javax.servlet.ServletException:
> javax/xml/transform/URIResolver
> 	at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:481)
> 	at
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247

I think Tomcat 4.0.3 had some horrible bugs stopping javax.* classes
from being visible inside the webapp. I'd try 4.0.4 (or 4.0.1) first.
Also, does the sample xtags webapp work?

FYI, I think xtags is 'deprecated' in favour of JSTL
(http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/jstl/), which has equivalent features.
You'd probably also get a better response to queries like this on the
taglibs-user list.

--Jeff

Posted by August Detlefsen <au...@yahoo.com>.
You also need to make sure the other jar files that came with Xtags are
installed. In WEB-INF/lib you need:

crimson.jar  dom4j.jar  jaxp.jar  xalan.jar

-August