Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by dabboo <ag...@sapient.com> on 2009/03/17 11:02:45 UTC

Lemmatisation search in Solr

Hi,

I am implementing Lemmatisation in Solr, which means if user looks for
"Mouse" then it should display results of Mouse and Mice both. I understand
that this is something context search. I think of using synonym for this but
then synonyms.txt will be having so many records and this will keep on
adding.

Please suggest how I can implement it in some other way.

Thanks,
Amit Garg

Re: Lemmatisation search in Solr

Posted by dabboo <ag...@sapient.com>.
stemming and synonyms are working fine in the application but these are
working individually. I guess I will need to add the values in synomyms.txt
to achieve it. Am I right?

Actually its the project requirement to implement the lemmatisation. I also
looked out for lemmatisation but couldnt get any.

Thanks,
Amit

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.