Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Inger, Matthew" <in...@Synygy.com> on 2005/07/08 23:30:00 UTC

Testing ANT Tasks within maven

Has anyone tried using maven to build an ANT task library?

I'm able to successfully compile the source and test code by including the
ant-${version}.jar in the classpath via a <dependency> tag in project.xml.
However, when i try to run the test cases, it always fails complaining it can't
find classes that the task depends on.  I can only assume that  this happens
because i don't have all the ant libraries included in my project's dependency
list, but in theory, they should already be in the jvm's classpath via maven.

Any suggestions?

My test cases are based on the BuildFileTest.java supplied with ANT.  I download
the ANT zip file, extract that file, and compile it to test-classes as a pregoal to test:compile.