Posted to announce@apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org> on 2005/04/26 21:46:18 UTC

Maven Continuum 1.0 Technology Preview Available

The Maven team is pleased to announce our Technology Preview
for the Continuum 1.0 release. Continuum is the Maven project's
Continuous integration tool. This release offers users both an advance
look at what's in Continuum 1.0 and a head start in helping to shape the
final Continuum release (currently slated for early August).

Continuum 1.0 features includes:

o Tight integration Maven 2.x
o Support for Maven 1.x
o Support for Ant
o Support for shell scripts
o Easy to use web interface
o An XML-RPC interface for integration, automation and remoting
o Easy to use command line shell interface using Python and the XML-RPC
interface
o Pluggable project registrars
o Pluggable project build triggers
o Pluggable notification schemes

Please note, as a Technology Preview, this release is not intended for
production use.

We plan to have 2-3 alphas and 1-2 betas prior to posting the release
candidates, which will be followed by the final release. We welcome any
and all feedback and look forward to your comments!

http://maven.apache.org/continuum
http://maven.apache.org/continuum/download.html

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

you are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in.
No one is fanatically shouting that the sun is going to rise tomorrow.
They know it is going to rise tomorrow. When people are fanatically
dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of
dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or
goals are in doubt.

  -- Robert Pirzig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

Re: Maven Continuum 1.0 Technology Preview Available

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Not for me... must be an extension you have. We can't really do anything
about that, sorry.

- Brett

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@dashorst.dds.nl>.

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@dashorst.dds.nl>.

Posted by Thomas Recloux <th...@gmail.com>.
2005/4/26, Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org>:
> The Maven team is pleased to announce our Technology Preview
> for the Continuum 1.0 release. Continuum is the Maven project's
> Continuous integration tool. This release offers users both an advance
> look at what's in Continuum 1.0 and a head start in helping to shape the
> final Continuum release (currently slated for early August).

Godd news :-)

I suppose that the difference between Continuum and CruiseControl will
be the tight coupling between the integration tool and maven ?

Will it use the POM for building the projects according their dependencies ?

Thanks a lot !

--
Thomas Recloux

Re: Maven Continuum 1.0 Technology Preview Available

Posted by Mykel Alvis <my...@gmail.com>.
SCM checkout tag is wrong, I think.
Site says:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/continuum/tags/alpha-1
Actual is:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/continuum/tags/continuum-1.0-alpha-1

Re: Réf. : Maven Continuum 1.0 Technology Preview Available

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 09:59 +0200, fabrice.belingard@mpsa.com wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I haven't had the time to install and test Continuum yet, but it seems like
> it covers functionnalities of existing tools. Have you guys had a look at
> Luntbuild? (http://luntbuild.sourceforge.net) I've been testing and using
> it with Maven for lots of months and it works great (its functionnalities
> and the UI are very advanced). I'm currently preparing to deploy it for all
> the projects of my company (around 150 projects).
> I know that it can be good to have different projects competing on a same
> area, but as Luntbuild is already a good product, wouldn't it be more
> interesting to walk hand in hand?

I tried to answer that question here:

http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=33542#167978

Essentially we want to reuse the tools we are using for m2 and provide
the best integration for maven users we can. Maven 2.x and Continuum
share a huge chunk of their respective code bases and it just makes it
easier for us to manage.

jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

Réf. : Maven Continuum 1.0 Technology Preview Available

Posted by fa...@mpsa.com.