Posted to dev@joshua.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/20 18:34:39 UTC

[IMPORTANT] Roadmap for 6.1 Release

Hi Folks,
I've just smartened up Jira a bit with our Roadmap being defined as follows

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/joshua/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:roadmap-panel

Right now there are only 14/14 issues as RESOLVED for 6.1. This is false as
I know that many more issues have been addressed however I don't think that
Jira tickets have been created for all changes to the source code. Maybe
moving forward we could open Jira issues and link them to the Github
tickets via commit messages?

Additionally, everything that was currently UNRESOLVED has merely been
pushed to 6.2. If this is not what is required then please reassign the fix
version for any ticket(s) to 6.1 and we can fix.

Finally, are there any mitigating factor which would prevent a 6.1 release
candidate being prepared right now?
Thanks
Lewis

--
*Lewis*

Re: [IMPORTANT] Roadmap for 6.1 Release

Posted by Matt Post <po...@cs.jhu.edu>.
(Forgot to add: JIRA has taken some getting used to, but I'm starting to like it, along with all the other Apache tools. I think we just have to document better how to use it, keep encouraging folks to do so (like you did with your note about using the JIRA bug name in github comments), and wait till people adjust).

We should have this kind of information on the Joshua developer pages on Confluence...

Posted by Matt Post <po...@cs.jhu.edu>.
I am thinking bi-annual, and agree that we should shoot for 6.1 as soon as possible, actually. Let's make master stable and then start tackling the few remaining issues, which seem reasonable to me:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JOSHUA/fixforversion/12335049/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:version-summary-panel

One issue not listed here was to switch the junit test cases to testng (I think that's what we decided).

The main thing I need to do is setup the language packs so that they can be used with Joshua 6.1.

matt

Posted by kellen sunderland <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tom Barber <to...@analytical-labs.com>.
Hey Matt

Posted by Matt Post <po...@cs.jhu.edu>.
Hi Lewis,

Posted by Tom Barber <to...@analytical-labs.com>.

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Folks,

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (3980)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Thanks for doing the yeoman’s work Lewis

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Chief Architect
Office: 168-519, Mailstop: 168-527
Email: chris.a.mattmann@nasa.gov
WWW:  http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/
Director, Information Retrieval and Data Science Group (IRDS)
WWW: http://irds.usc.edu/