Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Brendan Burns <bb...@cs.umass.edu> on 2004/12/30 06:38:35 UTC

[Proposal] Weather Taglib for sandbox

Hello,
I'd like to contribute a tag lib for downloading and displaying current
weather information gathered from public sources.

It can be obtained at:  http://wso.williams.edu/~bburns/weather.tgz

Information:
1) Motivation
	The tag is useful because it simplifies the task of obtaining and
displaying current weather information for a region (currently the
United States)

2) Overview
	The tag(s) are currently simple to use.
	There are three tags:
		<weather:stations state=CDATA/>  displays an HTML select list of
weather stations for a particular state, for example:
"<weather:stations state="WA"/>" displays stations for Washington state
		<weather:load station=CDATA/> loads weather information for a
particular station and stores a WeatherReport object in the pageContext
		<weather:print value=CDATA/> is a convenience method for printing
information in the WeatherReport object.  A user may also choose to
interact with the object directly.

3) Requirements
None beyond apache taglibs, servlet 1.2 and a SAX compliant xml parser

4) Commitment
I am willing to be the maintainer for this library.

Thanks for your time!

--brendan burns

Re: [Proposal] Weather Taglib for sandbox

Posted by Michael McGrady <mi...@michaelmcgrady.com>.
Ooops!  Missed the URI.  Got the info.  Thanks!

Mike

Posted by Michael McGrady <mi...@michaelmcgrady.com>.

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.