Posted to user@geode.apache.org by "Xu, Nan" <nx...@baml.com> on 2017/06/19 14:08:58 UTC

Is there a way to control how many connections between server peers?

Hi,

     Wondering if there is a way to control the connection number between server peers, I know conserve_socket false would make more connection, but how to control the number, I guess I want more? I am asking this because we have 2 physical locations with latency 5ms, and replicated region suffer in heavy load because we put them as 1 datacenter. I am not really clear how to use asynchronous queue, is that something we have to program or just configure one? An example maybe? Also for gateway sender, are how many connection to receiver configurable?

Thanks,
Nan

This message, and any attachments, is for the intended recipient(s) only, may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or proprietary and subject to important terms and conditions available at http://www.bankofamerica.com/emaildisclaimer.   If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message.

RE: Is there a way to control how many connections between server peers?

Posted by "Xu, Nan" <nx...@baml.com>.
Got it, thanks.

Posted by Hitesh Khamesra <hi...@yahoo.com>.
for gateway sender one can configure dispatcher-threads. Geode will run that many threads in each VM for gateway sender. This should help to reduce the number of connections. see here Configuring Dispatcher Threads and Order Policy for Event Distribution | Geode Docs

|   |
Configuring Dispatcher Threads and Order Policy for Event Distribution | Geode Docs
   |  |

#yiv6116583341 #yiv6116583341 -- _filtered #yiv6116583341 {panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;} _filtered #yiv6116583341 {font-family:Calibri;panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;} _filtered #yiv6116583341 {font-family:Menlo;panose-1:0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0;}#yiv6116583341 #yiv6116583341 p.yiv6116583341MsoNormal, #yiv6116583341 li.yiv6116583341MsoNormal, #yiv6116583341 div.yiv6116583341MsoNormal {margin:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:12.0pt;}#yiv6116583341 a:link, #yiv6116583341 span.yiv6116583341MsoHyperlink {color:blue;text-decoration:underline;}#yiv6116583341 a:visited, #yiv6116583341 span.yiv6116583341MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:purple;text-decoration:underline;}#yiv6116583341 span.yiv6116583341EmailStyle17 {color:#1F497D;}#yiv6116583341 .yiv6116583341MsoChpDefault {} _filtered #yiv6116583341 {margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}#yiv6116583341 div.yiv6116583341WordSection1 {}#yiv6116583341 Close but not exactly, while this one point me to the right doc.    https://geode.apache.org/docs/guide/11/managing/monitor_tune/socket_communication_have_enough_sockets.html    still looking for how to controller the connection for gateway sender.    And for the servers peers asyn queue, any example for how to use it?    Thanks, Nan From: Xiaojian Zhou [mailto:gzhou@pivotal.io]
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2017 10:38 AM
To: user@geode.apache.org
Subject: Re: Is there a way to control how many connections between server peers?    Hi, Nan:    There is configuration parameter for cache-server:  max-connections    Default is 800, you can change to bigger number. Is that what you want?    Regards Gester Zhou    On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 7:08 AM, Xu, Nan <nx...@baml.com> wrote:

Posted by Xiaojian Zhou <gz...@pivotal.io>.