Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by "Sjoquist, Carl" <cs...@exchange.DAYTONOH.NCR.com> on 2003/06/05 16:39:47 UTC

Sunglasses for OJB (bright future)?

We're trying to get a reading on OJB regarding its development status,
degree of industry acceptance, roadmap, its future prospects, etc... All the
good things you'd want to think about before committing a significant
project.   We've heard that Thomas Mahler's project at Karstadt/Quelle and
about a project at Los Alamos Nat Labs, but we'd be interested in hearing
from many others.

We also interested in contrasting an OJB approach vs. JDO strategy, so it
would be great to hear from anybody who has gone through that decision.

We'd appreciate any feedback from people who have already made this
decision, and how this has worked out so far.  Also, anyone who can comment
on where OJB is on the release roadmap, why it is not yet reached v1 (still
RC3?)...  And when OJB v2.0 could be expected?

Thanks much,
Carl