Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Brian <Ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/04 20:15:39 UTC

not letting me put xsl:tempate inside fo:root

Are we not allowed to put xsl:template inside fo:root?  I am trying to and
getting error "xsl:template is not allowed in this position in the stylesheet".
 Outside fo:root it works fine, but this doesn't help me in this particular
scenerio.

Re: not letting me put xsl:tempate inside fo:root

Posted by mehdi houshmand <me...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, "how to *use* XSL templates".

Posted by mehdi houshmand <me...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
On 04.05.2011 20:15, Brian wrote:
> Are we not allowed to put xsl:template inside fo:root?

No. According to the XSLT spec, xsl:template must be an immediate child
of xsl:stylesheet, see
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/REC-xslt20-20070123/#element-stylesheet and
other parts of the spec.

>   Outside fo:root it works fine, but this doesn't help me in this particular
> scenerio.

The xsl:template element is a declaration, so your statement makes me
think you are seriously confused about how XSLT works. The best way to
clean this up is usually to send a problem description to the XSL list,
where the gurus tend to hang out. Guidelines and subscription advice
here:
  http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list/

J.Pietschmann

Re: not letting me put xsl:tempate inside fo:root

Posted by Lo...@log-net.com.
Declare a template:

<xsl:template name="processMarkers">
</xsl:template>

Call a template:

<xsl:call-template name="processMarkers"/>