Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Scott Beardsley <sc...@cse.ucdavis.edu> on 2008/12/12 20:15:14 UTC

mod_proxy + SSL error 70023 with POSTs

I'm attempting to place Apache (2.2.8) + mod_ssl(OpenSSL/0.9.8g) in
front of a web application that uses AJAX POSTs extensively. For some
reason all POSTs fail with the following message in apache's error.log
(and 500 errors get sent back to the client):

[Fri Dec 12 11:02:07 2008] [error] (70023)This function has not been
implemented on this platform: proxy: prefetch request body failed to
10.6.0.1:8080 (10.6.0.1) from client.ip.add.ress ()
[Fri Dec 12 11:02:07 2008] [error] [client client.ip.add.ress] Handler
for proxy-server returned invalid result code 70023, referer:
https://example.com/

I've tried playing with many combinations of the following env vars:

       # use either proxy-sendcl or proxy-sendchunked not both
       SetEnv proxy-sendcl 1
#      SetEnv proxy-sendchunked 1
       SetEnv force-proxy-request-1.0 1
       SetEnv proxy-nokeepalive 1

I'm running on x86_64 (Intel) Gutsy 2.6.24-22-server. I searched around
a bit but couldn't find any identical problems. Any ideas?

Also, I should note that I have a self-signed cert (with the CA loaded
in my browser (firefox 3)). This problem does not occur when I disable SSL.

Scott

Re: mod_proxy + SSL error 70023 with POSTs

Posted by Morgan Gangwere <0....@gmail.com>.
Scott Beardsley wrote:
> Eric Covener wrote:
>> Maybe ltrace would help you narrow
>> down on which APR function is returning this...
>
> Move along, nothing to see here. I've discovered that my problem was
> with my (custom) version of mod_auth_cas. Sorry for the disruption.
>
> Scott

... whoops ...

--
Morgan Gangwere

Unknown Software
http://sonof.bandit.name/
Member, INCOSE [ incose.org ] PACA [ paca.org ] and NMUG [ nmug.net ]

[indrora@boxly ~]#_

Find me on FreeNode! irc.freenode.net ~indrora on ##linux

Re: mod_proxy + SSL error 70023 with POSTs

Posted by Scott Beardsley <sc...@cse.ucdavis.edu>.

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 3:13 PM, Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 2:15 PM, Scott Beardsley <sc...@cse.ucdavis.edu> wrote:
>> [Fri Dec 12 11:02:07 2008] [error] (70023)This function has not been
>> implemented on this platform: proxy: prefetch request body failed to
>
> What platform are you on, and where/how did you get your httpd build?

Whoops, see it in your OP now.   If you can get a simple testcase to
fail with the default apache2 install on that system, it's probably
best to open a report with ubuntu.  Maybe ltrace would help you narrow

covener@gmail.com

Re: mod_proxy + SSL error 70023 with POSTs

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.