Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Rob Bugh <ro...@earthlink.net> on 2008/04/28 18:35:02 UTC

Uncommitted transactions during master/slave failover?

What happends to uncommitted transactions during master/slave failover?

I've configured two brokers as a JDBC Master and Slave. My client app
retrieves a message from a queue on the master, processes the message then
commits the transaction to permanently remove it from the queue.

The problem I'm seeing is, if during the processing of the message on
client-1 (before the commit) the master dies some other client-2 can
retrieved the same message from the new master. This presents a problem
because I now have two clients processing the same message.

Is there a way to configure the JDBC Master/Slave so transaction state is
preserved across failovers?

Rob

Re: Uncommitted transactions during master/slave failover?

Posted by Rob Bugh <ro...@earthlink.net>.

Is there a way to make ActiveMQ persist the transaction state into the DB so
the slave can pick up where the master left off with regards to transactions
started by not yet committed/rolledback/closed?