Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Paul Overell <pa...@turnpike.com> on 2003/03/24 18:50:57 UTC

NotifySender

I'm using James 2.1.2, Solaris 9 and it's all working well, but I have a
few grumbles about the header of a messages produced by NotifySender:

Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 17:15:43 +0000 (GMT)
From: postmaster@amserve.com
To: postmaster@amserve.com
Subject: Re:SMTP Monitor Test Message

There are some problems with this header:

1)      The address in the To: line is the postmaster's address, not the
        recipient's address.  However, the notify message is correctly
        delivered to the recipient.

2)      Arguably this isn't a reply, but a notification, so "Re:" should
        not have been added to the subject.  But even if "Re:" were to
        be added it should have a space after the colon "Re: ".

3)      The In-Reply-To: line is syntactically invalid according to
        RFC2822 -  "null" isn't a message-id.  (Even if it were valid
        it's certainly not what was intended).

4)      Finally a wish: please can we have RFC1894 format notification
        messages?

Here is the relevant part of my config.xml

         <mailet match="All" class="NotifySender">
             <notice>
                 We were unable to deliver the attached message
             </notice>

             <passThrough>false</passThrough>
         </mailet>

Regards
--
Paul Overell                                             T U R N P I K E

RE: Integration with application servers?

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.
> Another quick question:  where do I find documentation on writing my own
> Mailets?

Mailets are pretty trivial, best tips are to i/look at existing mailets and matchers, ii/ look at the mailet javadocs iii/ read up on JavaMail, because it is this that you'll use to manipulate the content of mail.

d.

Integration with application servers?

Posted by "Robert J. Lebowitz" <le...@finaltouch.com>.
I'm aware that JBoss supports the JavaMail API, but is there any application
server out there that integrates James into itself?

Another quick question:  where do I find documentation on writing my own
Mailets?

Rob

RE: NotifySender

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.
Please could you report these in bugzilla, 1 & 3 are bugs, 2 is two bugs, 4 is an enhancement.
Thanks.
http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/