Posted to dev@xmlbeans.apache.org by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org> on 2003/09/26 01:38:07 UTC

Licensing Issue (Re: STAX)

If you have some licensing issues in apache,
I would like to recommend you to join to
licensing at apache.org mailing list
(FOR SUBSCRIBE: licensing-subscribe at apache.org)
and talk there, too.

Hope this helps.

Cheerio,

__ Tetsuya <te...@apache.org> __

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 15:40:52 -0400
(Subject: RE: STAX)
"David Bau" <da...@bea.com> wrote:

> Hi Chris, read over the license and it looks good.
>
> (1) BEA has already licensed in an open way similar to the Apache license
> (2) BEA is the copyright holder and licensor
>
> We do need a 173 impl, and it seems like, at least to start, using the RI
> would be perfect.
>
> I've already done a CLA and am covered under BEA's software grant to Apache.
> I think the clearest way to contribute the code to the project with no IP
> confusion would be for me (or any other CLA'ed committer from BEA) to go
> ahead and add this work to the XMLBeans project and to our grant to Apache.
>
> We do need a 173 impl, so if there's no objections, I'll
>
> (1) Do the software grant, i.e., make a copy where the copyright and license
> is the standard Apache XMLBeans license (the standard text with "based on
> software originally copyright BEA Systems")
> (2) Check in Apache licensed sources
> (3) Get it building etc.
> (4) Then we can start use 173, with a real impl.
>
> Make sense?
>
> David

E-mail: tetsuya@apache.org  http://www.terra-intl.com/
(Accredited Herrmann Brain Dominance Instrument Facilitator)
http://www.hbdi.com/