Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Lowe, Jeff" <JL...@CeltCorp.com> on 2002/06/19 19:17:08 UTC

Parser error

I'm embarking on some JMeter development and just got the latest from CVS.
It builds fine but when I run it I get the following error:

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException:
  javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError:
  Provider org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl not found
     at
javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory.newInstance(SAXParserFactory.java:141)
     at org.apache.jmeter.util.JMeterUtils.<clinit>(JMeterUtils.java:100)
     at org.apache.jmeter.JMeter.initializeProperties(JMeter.java:194)
     at org.apache.jmeter.JMeter.start(JMeter.java:139)
     at org.apache.jmeter.NewDriver.main(NewDriver.java:152)

I'm puzzled why it can't find SAXParserFactoryImpl which is in the same jar
as SAXParserFactory (which it obviously found).

Thanks for the help.
-Jeff

Re: Parser error

Posted by Mike Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
Does your system classpath have anything in it?  If so, try clearing it first

-Mike

On 19 Jun 2002 at 13:17, Lowe, Jeff wrote:

> I'm embarking on some JMeter development and just got the latest from CVS.
> It builds fine but when I run it I get the following error:
>
> java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException:
>   javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError:
>   Provider org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl not found
>      at
> javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory.newInstance(SAXParserFactory.java:141)
>      at org.apache.jmeter.util.JMeterUtils.<clinit>(JMeterUtils.java:100)
>      at org.apache.jmeter.JMeter.initializeProperties(JMeter.java:194)
>      at org.apache.jmeter.JMeter.start(JMeter.java:139)
>      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
>      at org.apache.jmeter.NewDriver.main(NewDriver.java:152)
>
> I'm puzzled why it can't find SAXParserFactoryImpl which is in the same jar
> as SAXParserFactory (which it obviously found).
>
> Thanks for the help.
> -Jeff

Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org