Posted to user@storm.apache.org by eric perler <er...@hotmail.com> on 2014/03/26 15:04:01 UTC

Newbie question regarding online tutorial

I am new to storm and i have a quick question about the online tutorial

I am running storm on an ubuntu 12.0.4 64-bit vmware image. the vm has 5 GB RAM and my machine has a dual core i7 processor

when i run the ExclamationTopology example in a local cluster i get a thoroughput of about 1400 tuples processed in the timeframe that is hardcoded into the main method of the ExclamationToplogy class.. i.e.

Utils.sleep(10000);

Does this number of tuples processed seem correct for a single node cluster running on a laptop?

is there any way i can increase the thouroughput for this simple local cluster?

I tried setting the number of workers higher..i.e.

conf.setNumWorkers(10);

but this had little effect

Thanks in advance