Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Mark H <ma...@markhorgan.com> on 2003/01/30 00:34:47 UTC

Does namespace-alias work in Xalan?

Hi there,

I can't seem to get the <xsl:namespace-alias> tag to work with Xalan-J
(2.4.1), it seems to work in Microsoft's XML parser. Is this a known
limitation or am I doing something wrong.

Thx in advance,
Mark

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format" xmlns:xslout="x">
	<xsl:namespace-alias stylesheet-prefix="xslout" result-prefix="xsl"/>
	<xsl:template match="document">
		<xslout:element>
			<xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>
			<xsl:apply-templates/>
		</xslout:element>
	</xsl:template>
	<xsl:template match="*">
		<xslout:element>
			<xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>
			<xsl:apply-templates/>
		</xslout:element>
	</xsl:template>
	<xsl:template match="text()">
		<xsl:value-of select="."/>
	</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Re: Does namespace-alias work in Xalan?

Posted by David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM <da...@us.ibm.com>.

Hi Mark,

It should work.  Can you provide a small input document with expected
output and the output you get? Since you're not generating a stylesheet
element, the resulting stylesheet won't be legal.  Also, any xsl:element
instruction would be missing its name attribute, so that's going to be a
problem as well.

By the way, relative namespace URIs, like "x" are deprecated and should not
be used.

Dave

                      "Mark H"
                      <mailinglists@mark         To:      <xa...@xml.apache.org>
                      horgan.com>                cc:      (bcc: David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM)
                                                 Subject: Does namespace-alias work in Xalan?
                      01/29/2003 03:34
                      PM