Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Kuki Szabolcs <ku...@berg-computers.ro> on 2003/10/09 08:20:03 UTC

Re: DailyRollingFileAppenderExt (update) in CompositeRollingFileAppender fix

Hi to all,

Same here, I have also fixed up CompositeRollingFileAppender so it does roll
over by date (second, minutes, hours, days, months) by config file + over
size (specified number of times) by config file + custom roll over functions
(you can externally call roll over) I use this when I start the application
(so I know how many times it was started + have different log files for each
start (so I know where to search for my info))

+ !!! it removes files older then x (minutes, hours, days, weeks) based on
the config file (I use this for keeping 1 week my webapp logs, each day in
it's file).

I'm also thinking in future to place an optional flag to tell the rolling
appended to roll over (like size roll over) on every property activate
options.

My main problem is also the fact that I did not receive answer from Kevin
Steppe <k s t e p p e @ p a c b e l l . n e t>, so I would have been able to
just give the code away.

Problem number 2 I've made many changes (I would say many bug-fixes also) on
the file and test it only for use in my projects (for which they work with
no problem).

Problem number 3 formatting; is not yet formatted with jalopy.

If anyone interested in this version of CompositeRollingFileAppender see
attached zip, and if have any opinion about it please let me know.

I also have an example that works with log4j 1.2.8, java sun sdk 1.4.

Best Regards,

-- Kuki Szabolcs
   e-mail: k u k i @ b e r g  - c o m p u t e r s . c  o m    or  k  s z @ c
a n a d a  . c o m
   ICQ#:   100729595
   work:   phone: 40256-225-223 fax: 40256-225-772
   home:   phone: 40724-321-385; 40256-126-155
   Smile and your life will smile back to you  :-)