Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/22 16:02:45 UTC

Apache NetBeans Development Builds are Available as Snap Package

Dear all,

This would mostly interest of Linux users, though from now on NetBeans
Development Builds are available in form of Snap packages. See:
https://snapcraft.io/netbeans-dev

It can be installed as easy as:

sudo snap install --channel edge --classic netbeans-dev

What would you get:

  * We are building this package from our master branch on Apache
    infrastructure on every Thursday
  * With Snap distribution you get the package updates automatically
  * You can live and test on the edge without any hustle
  * If something goes south, snap always have a way to roll back a
    previous build.
  * The package can coexists with the "official" netbeans, package

It is Ok to share this information, but do not promote it. The package
is hidden in the Snap store, so if you search for it it won't be displayed.

Just some additional info on the NetBeans Snap Package:

We have 9200+ installations so far, the weekly active devices using this
package is around 1200 people. It is installed ~60 different linux
OS/versions, though not surprisingly Ubuntu 18.04 and 19.04 takes are
the most common OS where it is installed.

Geographically the package is strong in: EU, Brazil, India and US

RE: Apache NetBeans Development Builds are Available as Snap Package

Posted by Mike Billman <mi...@qcsoftware.com>.
Thanks, Laszlo

Mike

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.