Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net> on 2011/03/07 19:49:56 UTC

[Shared] Is it time for the M2 release?

Hi guys,

I was just wondering it wouldn't be a good time to schedule the M2 release.

Heavy refactoring have been done since the last M1 milestone, trunk is pretty stable now and the current activity is pretty low.

Before starting a new phase of heavy coding, it might be a good idea to get the M2 release in the hands of our users.

WDYT?

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

Re: [Shared] Is it time for the M2 release?

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
Thanks guys for struggling with this release.

Regards,
Alex

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
First deployment failed.

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
I fixed the remaining major PMD issues.

As far as I understand it, the 'shared-ldap-client-all' project is meant to only contain a minimal version of the dependencies needed to use the API, the strict minimum.
I think we can release it as is and think about it a little more in M3.
Maybe it's not really required to have this project, 'shared-all' might be enough.
Third parties dependencies being shaded in it also concerns me.

Ok guys, I will start the release process for M2, now.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Ok guys,

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Thanks Stefan.

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Hi Stefan,

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org>.
Sure.

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Oh yeah.

Indeed. Good catch.

Thanks for keeping an eye on that, Felix... As always... ;-)

I also need to have a look at the generated LDAP API packages to see if all the dependencies are correctly bundled, making the API easy to use.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
On 3/7/11 9:40 PM, Felix Knecht wrote:
> We should at least fix following PMDs:

Sure. Let's do that.

> Apache Directory Shared LDAP Model -
> org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/model/ldif/LdifControl.java
> Violation    Line
> Ensure you override both equals() and hashCode()    122
>
> Apache Directory Shared LDAP Model -
> org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/model/message/controls/EntryChangeImpl.java
> Violation    Line
> Ensure you override both equals() and hashCode()    93
>
> Apache Directory Shared LDAP Model -
> org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/model/message/controls/PagedResultsImpl.java
> Violation    Line
> Ensure you override both equals() and hashCode()    136
>
> Apache Directory Shared LDAP Model -
> org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/model/message/controls/SubentriesImpl.java
> Violation    Line
> Ensure you override both equals() and hashCode()    92
>

> On 03/07/2011 07:49 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I was just wondering it wouldn't be a good time to schedule the M2
>> release.
>>
>> Heavy refactoring have been done since the last M1 milestone, trunk
>> is pretty stable now and the current activity is pretty low.
>>
>> Before starting a new phase of heavy coding, it might be a good idea
>> to get the M2 release in the hands of our users.
>>
>> WDYT?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Pierre-Arnaud

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [Shared] Is it time for the M2 release?

Posted by Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
On 3/7/11 7:49 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I was just wondering it wouldn't be a good time to schedule the M2 release.
>
> Heavy refactoring have been done since the last M1 milestone, trunk is pretty stable now and the current activity is pretty low.
>
> Before starting a new phase of heavy coding, it might be a good idea to get the M2 release in the hands of our users.
>
> WDYT?

I'm ok for a M2

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny