Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Christian Goetze <cg...@miaow.com> on 2007/01/23 23:55:20 UTC

Multiple parallel instances of maven using the same local repo...

... doesn't work, as I expected.

Is there any hope that a JIRA request for enabling a locking mechanism
for the local repo to allow multiple instances of maven to run has a
chance of getting implemented?

Are there any plans to make maven itself multithreaded or capable of
parallel builds?

I guess I can make my parallel maven instances point to their own repos
and just live with the needless duplication of disk usage and network
traffic.
--
cg