Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by tech15h <te...@yahoo.com> on 2010/09/02 19:29:28 UTC

Message Exchange between Components

Hi all,

    I am fairly new to Service Mix. I have run through some of the examples.
I have tried and modiffied some of the examples with some success.

I ran into a issue when I tried to send a simple String to JMS Provider.
I was using a Camel Bean to send the String to the JMS Provider.

When the String had the contents of a Valid SOAP message it went through but
a random String would not go through.

My understanding was Message Exchange between BC's/ SE's via the NMR happens
through Normalized Messages. Normalized Messages Consist of Content,
Attachments, Security Subject, Properties

My Questions/Requests
1) The content is supposed to be "XML Payload message".
    a) Does this have to be SOAP Message or any XML Payload is fine?
    b) Is there any support for non-XML Payload? Or do I have send a empty
XML message and send the non-XML Payload as an Attachment?
2) Are there any examples that would provide more insight into this or
examples with these kinds of Message Exchanges?
3) Feel Free to suggest links / articles that I should read to understand
more about this. ( I have glanced/read through the some of
Documentations/Tutorial Sections and some of the suggested reading links
though I have not been thorough)

TiA

Re: Message Exchange between Components

Posted by Lars Heinemann <lh...@apache.org>.
Hi,

see comments inline...
If you need to know more just follow up with this mail.

Regards
Lars

On 2 September 2010 19:29, tech15h <te...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>    I am fairly new to Service Mix. I have run through some of the examples.
> I have tried and modiffied some of the examples with some success.
>
> I ran into a issue when I tried to send a simple String to JMS Provider.
> I was using a Camel Bean to send the String to the JMS Provider.
>
> When the String had the contents of a Valid SOAP message it went through but
> a random String would not go through.
>
> My understanding was Message Exchange between BC's/ SE's via the NMR happens
> through Normalized Messages. Normalized Messages Consist of Content,
> Attachments, Security Subject, Properties
>
> My Questions/Requests
> 1) The content is supposed to be "XML Payload message".
>    a) Does this have to be SOAP Message or any XML Payload is fine?

--> any XML content is fine

>    b) Is there any support for non-XML Payload? Or do I have send a empty
> XML message and send the non-XML Payload as an Attachment?

--> if you want to transport binary data you can use an attachment to
the normalized message. never let
the payload be empty...put in <dummy/> for example.
You may also transport pure native java types like string, int and
alike by putting them into the normalized message
properties under a specific key.

> 2) Are there any examples that would provide more insight into this or
> examples with these kinds of Message Exchanges?

--> you can have a look at most of the binding components of SMX. they
mostly use header properties and attachments but also the message
content.

http://lhein.blogspot.com