Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Sa...@innovations.de on 2009/10/27 15:26:57 UTC

RepositoryCopier and Locks

Hi all,

we tried to backup our repository using the RepositoryCopier of
Jackrabbit 1.6. The backup seems to be complete - all data is there -
but we are missing the deep locks (not session scoped) when we try to
restore the backup. The strange thing is if we query the repository
with: "SELECT * FROM myNode WHERE jcr:lockOwner IS NOT NULL" we will get
the nodes that were locked. But if we call node.isLocked() it returns
false.

Any help would be useful.

Thanks in advance,

Sascha

RepositoryCopier

Posted by Sunil Dhage <Su...@symphonysv.com>.
Hi,
I have a xmlpersistenceManager based repository developed using Jackrabbit 1.6.0.  The size of the repository is now about 50GB.
Now my client wants it to be migrated to BundledDBPersistenceManager and dataStore feature.

Can the repositoryCopier be helpful in this scenario.

Awaiting for your reply.

Regards,
Sunil
"This email and any files transmitted with it contain confidential, proprietary,
privileged information of Symphony Services Corp (India) Pvt. Ltd. and are intended
solely for the use of the recipient/s to whom it is addressed. Any unauthorized
notifying, copying or distributing of this e-mail, directly or indirectly, and the
contents therein in full or part is prohibited by any entity who is not a recipient.
Any email received inadvertently or by mistake should be deleted by the entity who
is not a recipient thereof. You may be pleased to notify the sender immediately by
email and the email should be deleted from your system".

AW: RepositoryCopier and Locks

Posted by Sa...@innovations.de.
Hi,

I`ve filled in a bug report. See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-2367

BR,

Sascha

> we tried to backup our repository using the RepositoryCopier of
> Jackrabbit 1.6. The backup seems to be complete - all data is there -
> but we are missing the deep locks (not session scoped) when we try to
> restore the backup. The strange thing is if we query the repository
> with: "SELECT * FROM myNode WHERE jcr:lockOwner IS NOT NULL" we will get
> the nodes that were locked. But if we call node.isLocked() it returns
> false.

This is a bug in the RepositoryCopier feature. It should copy also the
information on all open-scoped locks, but I didn't come to think of
that when implementing the feature. Can you please file a bug report
about this? I'll take a look into it and get a fix included in
Jackrabbit 1.6.1.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: RepositoryCopier and Locks