Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by jv...@acedesign.cz on 2004/05/21 16:49:46 UTC

can't find default configuration file

Hi,

i tried to run fop-0.20.5 at windows XP with command
fop -d -x -fo input.fo -pdf t.pdf

and i got following output

[DEBUG] Input mode:
[DEBUG] FO
[DEBUG] fo input file: input.fo
[DEBUG] Output mode:
[DEBUG] pdf
[DEBUG] output file: t.pdf
[DEBUG] OPTIONS
[DEBUG] no user configuration file is used [default]
[DEBUG] debug mode on
[DEBUG] dump configuration
[DEBUG] quiet mode on
[ERROR] can't find default configuration file
org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: can't find default configuration file
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Options.loadStandardConfiguration(Options.java:18
4)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Options.<init>(Options.java:73)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Starter.<init>(Starter.java:68)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.CommandLineStarter.<init>(CommandLineStarter.java
:72)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.CommandLineOptions.getStarter(CommandLineOptions.
java:522)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Fop.main(Fop.java:61)

Could someone help me with this problem?

Re: can't find default configuration file

Posted by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com>.
Josef,

On May 21, 2004, at 8:23 AM, Chris Bowditch wrote:
> jvesely@acedesign.cz wrote:
>> Hi,
>> i tried to run fop-0.20.5 at windows XP with command fop -d -x -fo
>> input.fo -pdf t.pdf
>
> <snip/>
>
>> [ERROR] can't find default configuration file
>
> You have asked FOP to dump the config settings (-x switch), but you
> have not specified the file.
>
> A default file is shipped with FOP as conf\userconfig.xml under the
> FOP install directory.
>
> To avoid the error, either:
>
> 1) specify the config file using the -c switch at the command line.
> 2) dont specify option -x at command line.
>
> <snip/>
>
> Chris

In addition to Chris's remarks, I would add that you'll need to add the
path to the config file, as in:

   '-c conf/userconfig.xml'

So here's a complete line for you:

   fop -d -c conf/userconfig.xml -fo input.fo -pdf t.pdf

(of course '-d' is not necessary as it enables 'debug' mode).

Hope this helps!

Web Maestro Clay

Re: can't find default configuration file

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
jvesely@acedesign.cz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i tried to run fop-0.20.5 at windows XP with command
> fop -d -x -fo input.fo -pdf t.pdf

<snip/>