Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Marco Sinhoreli <ma...@shapeblue.com> on 2016/08/16 15:32:06 UTC

CCC Brasil

All,

I am very sorry to have to say that we have had to postpone the upcoming CCC conference in Sao Paluo.

Over the past few months we have been working very hard with an events organiser to try and get the conference off the ground. Conferences are very expensive to stage here in Brasil so we were relying on a number of large sponsors. Unfortunately , we are unable to get enough sponsors for the proposed September dates due to multiple schedule conflicts.

I appreciate that this is very late notice. Up until this week we were hoping to have enough sponsorship to run the event but we were also conscious that this would have left only a little time for CFP and people to make travel arrangements. We have therefore decided to cancel the September conference. We’re working with local sponsors and our venue hosts to try and find some dates either later in 2016 or in 2017.

Best regards,

[cid:D163DEC9-811D-4BA2-9505-94F51109CA0B]

Marco Sinhoreli
Managing Consultant
marco.sinhoreli@shapeblue.com<ma...@shapeblue.com>
mobile: +55 21 98276 3636

Praia de Botafogo 501, bloco 1 - sala 101 – Botafogo
Rio de Janeiro, RJ - Brazil - CEP 22250-040
office: + 55 21 2586 6390 | fax: +55 21 2586 6002
http://www.shapeblue.com/ | twitter: @shapeblue

Re: CCC Brasil

Posted by Will Stevens <wi...@gmail.com>.
Marco, I heard rumors that you were trying to reschedule for November.  If
that is the case, I would suggest you push the reschedule farther in the
future for a couple reasons:
- ApacheCon is in November already in Europe so that makes travel to both
events very difficult.
- People traveling from India and some other places need about 45 days to
get a visa to travel, so we need to have set dates at least 2-3 months
prior to the event.

Let us know what your plans are.

Cheers,

Will

Re: CCC Brasil

Posted by Nicolás Vázquez <ni...@gmail.com>.
​an you please let us know dates for rescheduled event as soon as possible?

Thanks​

RE: CCC Brasil

Posted by Giles Sirett <gi...@shapeblue.com>.
Ingo
I spoke to Marco (one of the organisers from this community) yesterday as, like you, I find it really frustrating that this has been postposed last minute (like you, I had made plans) But the reasons for having to do so, as far as I understand, were forced on them last minute and they've tried everything they can.

The one clear thing I got from the call is that 29-30 September is definitely  not happening.

Marco and Cyrano are working to secure new dates from the hosts (USP)  and intend to let the community know as soon as they can about such dates.

For the moment, http://cloudstackcollab.org/ has been updated with "date to be determined"

Kind Regards
Giles

giles.sirett@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

De: "Tutkowski, Mike" <Mi...@netapp.com>
Para: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Cc: marketing@cloudstack.apache.org, "users" <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>
Enviadas: Segunda-feira, 22 de agosto de 2016 10:02:49
Assunto: Re: CCC Brasil

I believe that is the old date. It should probably be updated to TBD.

On Aug 22, 2016, at 2:39 AM, Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>> wrote:

On the web page, the date is updated to Sept 29-30, is this correct? If so, it should be advertised.

--
Erik

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 5:32 PM, Marco Sinhoreli <ma...@shapeblue.com>> wrote:
[...]

mobile: +55 21 98276 3636<tel:%2B55%2021%2098276%203636>

Praia de Botafogo 501, bloco 1 - sala 101 - Botafogo Rio de Janeiro, RJ - Brazil - CEP 22250-040
office: + 55 21 2586 6390<tel:%2B%2055%2021%202586%206390> | fax: +55 21 2586 6002<tel:%2B55%2021%202586%206002>
http://www.shapeblue.com/ | twitter: @shapeblue

AW: CCC Brasil

Re: CCC Brasil

Posted by Audrey Roberto B Baldin <au...@unitelco.com.br>.