Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Erel Segal <er...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/14 11:28:22 UTC

Partuza documentation needs update

I followed the Partuza installation guide on:
  http://www.chabotc.com/guides/partuza_install/

Under "Setting up Shindig for Partuza" it says:
   " you need to copy the files you want to use to one of it's directories
it scans for PHP classes (i always prefer the shindig\php\src\socialdata
directory since it makes the most sense),"
However, there is currently no such directory.

Later it says:
  "First copy the 2 PHP files from c:\wamp\www\partuza\Shindig"
but there are 4 PHP files there.

Later it says:
  "edit shindig's configuration by opening the
c:\wamp\www\shindig\php\config.php file"
but currently the configuration is in
c:\wamp\www\shindig\php\config\local.php.

Later it says:
  "And change the *'handlers' => ''* configuration to read *'handlers' =>
'PartuzaHandler',"
but currently there are other configuration options to use:
    'people_service' => 'PartuzaPeopleService',
    'activity_service' => '**Partuza**ActivitiesService',
    'app_data_service' => '**Partuza**AppDataService',
    'messages_service' => '**Partuza**MessagesService',

*

Re: Partuza documentation needs update

Posted by Erel Segal <er...@gmail.com>.
I suggest adding a sentence after "we need to create a new virtual host in
the httpd-vhosts.conf file":

"Look at your httpd.conf file and make sure the line "Include
conf/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf" is not commented".

(This would have saved me some hours of frustration...)

Posted by Erel Segal <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Chabot <ch...@xs4all.nl>.

Posted by Erel Segal <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Chabot <ch...@xs4all.nl>.
Hey Erel,

Posted by Erel Segal <er...@gmail.com>.
Also, in this case, you can put in that configuration file the following
option:

    'extension_class_paths' => dirname(__FILE__).'/Shindig',

this way, you don't need to copy the PHP files from c:\wamp\www\partuza\Shindig
to the shindig tree - this should make the installation easier.

Posted by Erel Segal <er...@gmail.com>.