Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Benoit TELLIER <bt...@apache.org> on 2024/03/05 15:42:54 UTC

Call for vote: Apache James 0.8.11

Hi,

I would like to propose a new vote for 0.8.11 release of the Apache
James MIME4J library.

You can find:

  - The maven release staged in repository.apache.org as the artifact
#1082:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejames-1082/
  - The changelog: https://github.com/apache/james-mime4j/pull/98
  - The site changes: https://github.com/apache/james-project/pull/2091

This is a minor release that addresses a regression of the 0.8.10
release regarding invalid encoding usage in email headers.

Voting rules:
  - This is a majority approval: this release may not be vetoed.
  - A quorum of 3 binding votes is required
  - The vote starts at Tuesday 5th of March 2024, x4pmxx UTC+1
  - The vote ends at Tuesday 12th of March 2024, x4pmxx UTC+1

You can answer to it just with +1 and -1. Down-votes may be motivated.

3 binding votes are expected move forward on this release.

Cheers,

Benoit TELLIER

[VOTE] [RESULT] Call for vote: Apache James 0.8.11

Posted by Benoit TELLIER <bt...@apache.org>.
Hello all,

With 4 votes expressed, 3 of them being biding, I am pleased to announce
that this vote is a success.

I will proceed with the release tasks in the coming hour.

Best regards,

Benoit TELLIER

Re: Call for vote: Apache James 0.8.11

Posted by Rene Cordier <rc...@apache.org>.
+1,

Rene.

Posted by Karsten Otto <ka...@akquinet.de.INVALID>.
+1

Posted by Eugen Stan <eu...@netdava.com>.
+1 .

FYI I updated doap files with release information and made a PR for
0.8.11 doap https://github.com/apache/james-mime4j/pull/99 .
Changes and PR are not mandatory for this release.

La 05.03.2024 17:42, Benoit TELLIER a scris:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to propose a new vote for 0.8.11 release of the Apache
> James MIME4J library.
>
> You can find:
>
>   - The maven release staged in repository.apache.org as the artifact
> #1082:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejames-1082/
>   - The changelog: https://github.com/apache/james-mime4j/pull/98
>   - The site changes: https://github.com/apache/james-project/pull/2091
>
> This is a minor release that addresses a regression of the 0.8.10
> release regarding invalid encoding usage in email headers.
>
> Voting rules:
>   - This is a majority approval: this release may not be vetoed.
>   - A quorum of 3 binding votes is required
>   - The vote starts at Tuesday 5th of March 2024, x4pmxx UTC+1
>   - The vote ends at Tuesday 12th of March 2024, x4pmxx UTC+1
>
> You can answer to it just with +1 and -1. Down-votes may be motivated.
>
> 3 binding votes are expected move forward on this release.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Benoit TELLIER

Eugen Stan

+40770 941 271  / https://www.netdava.com