Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/26 00:02:36 UTC

Re: Spark components with Material Design

For some reason, your link did not show in the email (but shows up on
nabble)

Here it is again: https://github.com/rui-cruz/Spark-Material

Thanks for sharing this with the community.  There is definitely a lot of
interest in Spark skins - including mobile.  In the last couple of
releases, we pushed out iOS7/8 and Android 4.x skins with Flex.  Now that
Android 5 is on the horizon, getting started with Materials skins would be
great.  And no, Flex does not utilize Starling for mobile apps, everything
is still done on the GPU.  I havent seen performance issues with this
approach either.

I have a few things to get out of my way before I can help out with the
Android - material skins.  I am sure there are others on these lists who
can help out as well.

Thanks,
Om

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Just see it on Google+ publication and I think it looks so cool
I just tweeted it!

Thanks for sharing Om, and great work on iOS-Android mobile skins!  :)

> For some reason, your link did not show in the email (but shows up on
> nabble)
>
> Here it is again: https://github.com/rui-cruz/Spark-Material
>
> Thanks for sharing this with the community.  There is definitely a lot of
> interest in Spark skins - including mobile.  In the last couple of
> releases, we pushed out iOS7/8 and Android 4.x skins with Flex.  Now that
> Android 5 is on the horizon, getting started with Materials skins would be
> great.  And no, Flex does not utilize Starling for mobile apps, everything
> is still done on the GPU.  I havent seen performance issues with this
> approach either.
>
> I have a few things to get out of my way before I can help out with the
> Android - material skins.  I am sure there are others on these lists who
> can help out as well.
>
> Thanks,
> Om
>
> On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 2:35 PM, Rui Cruz <in...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I know all recent efforts are going to flexjs and I really appreciate it
> > and
> > looking forward to put my hands on it. But in the meanwhile, I still
> > currently make heavy use of flex and spark components for web and desktop
> > apps and I believe in the near future will continue... Feeling the need
> for
> > more attractive UI and loving the concept behind material design, I've
> > created some custom components / skins with spark based components. I'm
> > writing this post to share them with all of you, and I hope to get help
> and
> > pull requests from the community.
> >
> > I know its not hardware accelerated, but runs really smooth and as
> expected
> > with all animations.
> >
> > At this stage it have only few components, but I intend to add them all
> and
> > compile a lib with a custom namespace. The components had to be extended
> > override focus management and custom skin states..
> >
> > Note: Not optimized for mobile yet, but I believe mobile apps are being
> > developed with starling..
> >
> > Hope folks that still using flex / spark enjoy it!
> >
> > Regards,
> > Rui
> >

> > --

Carlos Rovira
Director General
M: +34 607 22 60 05
http://www.codeoscopic.com
http://www.avant2.es

proceda a su destrucción.

oficinas c/ Tres Creus, nº 104, 2-1, 08202 de Sabadell (Barcelona) con la
documentación necesaria.

Re: Spark components with Material Design

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.

Posted by Deepak MS <me...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rui,
Out of curiosity, I tried it out on iPad. It works great! No lags of any
kind(only thing got missed was the font. It picked up system font instead
of embedded one(not a big concern though)). It worked just fine as it did
for web. Looks excellent and the ripple effect is awesome! Just goes to
show boundary-less stuff that flex can achieve. Great job and thank you so
much for sharing.

Cheers!

Posted by SuJin Jeong <tt...@gmail.com>.