Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Rafael Weingartner <ra...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/10 15:16:09 UTC

Volumes become unavailable during snapshot

Hi folks,

I have some virtual machines running MYSQL databases, to ease the
management the database data is stored on a volume that is attached to the
VM. So, I set up recurring snapshots for those volumes. I thought I would
not have any problems with that. However, every time CS starts the snapshot
process the volumes become unavailable to the VMS they are attached and the
operating system (Linux) change the file system to read only thinking that
the device can have some problems.

is there any way to work this around? Is this the normal behaviour? I
thought that snapshots would not interfere with the volumes on a running VM.

--
Rafael Weingärtner

Re: Volumes become unavailable during snapshot

Posted by Rafael Weingartner <ra...@gmail.com>.
Well, I am using Xen hyper-visor 4.1 with Xen XCP 1.6 (if I am not
mistaken) and CS 4.1.1.

Could it be any configuration that I must adjust on XCP or Xen hyper-visor?

Re: Volumes become unavailable during snapshot

Posted by France <ma...@isg.si>.
This is not what i get using XS 6.0.2 and CS 4.1.1
Snapshots do not interfere with running instances at all.
I would say, that is _not_ normal behavior.