Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org> on 2012/03/30 00:02:00 UTC

[VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 release, fifth round

Hello,

I would like call a vote for the Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 release, fifth round.

Changes since last round:

   - Fixed the release procedure

I am calling this the "Sisyphus" release.

We encourage the whole community to download and test these release
artifacts so that any critical issues can be resolved before the release is
made. Everyone is free to vote on this release, so get stuck in!

We are voting on the following release artifacts:

http://people.apache.org/~nslater/dist/1.2.0/

These artifacts have been built from the following tree-ish in Git:

e736fa9e314034e2603ac5861692ddeab92f1dad

Please follow the test procedure before voting:

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Test_procedure

Thank you.

Happy voting,

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 release, fifth round

Posted by Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org>.
+1

checksums/sigs match.

make check passes, futon tests pass in FF 11.

OS X 10.7.3, spidermonkey 1.7.0 and 1.8.5, icu 4.8.1.1.

B.

Posted by Matt Goodall <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sebastian Cohnen <se...@googlemail.com>.
+1

signatures: ok
make check: ok
browser tests: ok (FF 11.0)

System: OS X 10.7.3, R15B, SpiderMonkey 1.8.5

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.
My key is signed by:

61D50B88 2008-02-06  Noah Slater <ns...@bytesexual.org>
25BFB848 2008-03-29  Roger Leigh <rl...@codelibre.net>
EA59038E 2008-03-29  Stephen Gran <sg...@debian.org>
2FD7108A 2008-05-07  Simon Edward Ward <si...@bleah.co.uk>
797EBFAB 2008-05-01  Enrico Zini <en...@enricozini.org>
85E0E79A 2011-10-19  Randall Leeds <ra...@apache.org>

I am actually a little confused why Randall has signed my key. He has never
met me, nor has he ever confirmed my identity, nor has he any assurances
that the key he signed is mine. Randal, maybe you should come to Dublin,
and you can make up for this faux pas? Dave, you need to do the same, if
you want to link our trust circles.

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <da...@muse.net.nz>.
On 30 March 2012 14:08, Dave Cottlehuber <da...@muse.net.nz> wrote:
> On 30 March 2012 00:02, Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would like call a vote for the Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 release, fifth round.
>>
>> Changes since last round:
>>
>>   - Fixed the release procedure
>>
>> I am calling this the "Sisyphus" release.
>>
>> We encourage the whole community to download and test these release
>> artifacts so that any critical issues can be resolved before the release is
>> made. Everyone is free to vote on this release, so get stuck in!
>>
>> We are voting on the following release artifacts:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~nslater/dist/1.2.0/
>>

>> These artifacts have been built from the following tree-ish in Git:
>>
>> e736fa9e314034e2603ac5861692ddeab92f1dad
>>

>> Please follow the test procedure before voting:
>>
>> http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Test_procedure
>>

>> Thank you.
>>
>> Happy voting,

> I've also built the windows binaries but won't have a
> chance to test them til later in the weekend. I'll post a
> new thread for that avoiding any V-words and R-words.
>
> http://people.apache.org/~dch/dist/1.2.0/

Just confirming that the windows builds pass futon test also,
beautifully clean runs.

Windows 7 EN x64
ICU 4.6.1
SpiderMonkey 1.8.5
OpenSSL 0.9.8r
curl 7.23.1
Erlang R14B04 & R15B

Tested via Firefox Aurora 12 on Mac.

A+
Dave

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 release, fifth round

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <da...@muse.net.nz>.

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 12:02 AM, Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like call a vote for the Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 release, fifth round.
>
> Changes since last round:
>
>   - Fixed the release procedure
>
> I am calling this the "Sisyphus" release.

> artifacts so that any critical issues can be resolved before the release is
> made. Everyone is free to vote on this release, so get stuck in!

> http://people.apache.org/~nslater/dist/1.2.0/
>

> These artifacts have been built from the following tree-ish in Git:
>
> e736fa9e314034e2603ac5861692ddeab92f1dad
>

> Please follow the test procedure before voting:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Test_procedure
>

> Thank you.
>
> Happy voting,

+1 tests & signatures ok.

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 release, fifth round

Posted by Dirkjan Ochtman <di...@ochtman.nl>.
On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 00:02, Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org> wrote:

> http://people.apache.org/~nslater/dist/1.2.0/

+1 on release. Checked from the Gentoo package manager, Erlang 13B4,
Spidermonkey 1.8.5: SHA checks out, make check passes all tests.
Browser tests (private browsing in Firefox 13.0a2) seem to have all
passed at one time or another, just never all in the same run. Please
kill them with fire for 1.3!

I hope it works out this time, cheers,

Dirkjan

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 release, fifth round

Posted by Russell Branca <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1

Checksums match, make check passes, and so do the browser tests.

Tested on Ubuntu 11.10 with Erlang R15B and Spidermonkey 1.8.5.

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Wendall Cada <we...@83864.com>.
On 03/29/2012 03:02 PM, Noah Slater wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like call a vote for the Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 release, fifth round.
>
> Changes since last round:
>
>     - Fixed the release procedure
>
> I am calling this the "Sisyphus" release.

> artifacts so that any critical issues can be resolved before the release is
> made. Everyone is free to vote on this release, so get stuck in!

> http://people.apache.org/~nslater/dist/1.2.0/
>

> These artifacts have been built from the following tree-ish in Git:
>
> e736fa9e314034e2603ac5861692ddeab92f1dad
>

> Please follow the test procedure before voting:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Test_procedure
>

> Thank you.
>
> Happy voting,

Looks great!

+1

Fedora 16 32bit, Erlang R14B, Spidermonkey 1.8.5, etap tests pass,
browser tests pass
Centos 6 64bit, Erlang R14B, Spidermonkey 1.8.5, etap tests pass,
browser tests pass
Centos 6 32bit, Erlang R14B, Spidermonkey 1.8.5, etap tests pass,
browser tests pass

Centos 6 builds and passes agains Spidermonkey 1.7, current stable, but
is crazy slow. No reason to run this. spec for Fedora works without
modification.

Wendall

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 release, fifth round

Posted by Mehdi El Fadil <me...@mango-is.com>.
On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 9:54 PM, Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Mehdi,
> (...)
> Could you reply to this thread again and formally cast your vote
> (a literal "+1" if you are okay with the release, "-1" if not or
>  [+/-]0 if you are indifferent)
> (...)

sure: +1

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 release, fifth round

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi Mehdi,

thanks for testing, especially on a lesser frequented distribution!

While it isn't an ideal situation, the fact that you got the
replication test to pass eventually qualifies the test for release.
We'll make this more dependable in upcoming releases.

Could you reply to this thread again and formally cast your vote
(a literal "+1" if you are okay with the release, "-1" if not or
 [+/-]0 if you are indifferent)

Thanks!
Jan

Posted by Mehdi El Fadil <me...@mango-is.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Randall Leeds <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 15:02, Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like call a vote for the Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 release, fifth round.
>
> Changes since last round:
>
>   - Fixed the release procedure
>
> I am calling this the "Sisyphus" release.

warning that your key isn't certified with a trusted signature (<3)
but a good signature
sums and diff okay
make check okay
ff futon okay
+1

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 release, fifth round

Posted by Stephen Lewis <st...@yourgolftravel.com>.
+1

Signature, MD5, SHA1 ok.

Diff between release artefact and git tree-ish looks sensible.

make check runs successfully to completion.

Futon test suite passes (with a bit of prodding on the replicator_db tests).

Ubuntu 11.04 / Erlang R15B / Spidermonkey from xulrunner-1.9.2(-dev) package

On 29 March 2012 23:02, Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like call a vote for the Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 release, fifth round.
>
> Changes since last round:
>
>   - Fixed the release procedure
>
> I am calling this the "Sisyphus" release.

> artifacts so that any critical issues can be resolved before the release is
> made. Everyone is free to vote on this release, so get stuck in!

> http://people.apache.org/~nslater/dist/1.2.0/
>

> These artifacts have been built from the following tree-ish in Git:
>
> e736fa9e314034e2603ac5861692ddeab92f1dad
>

> Please follow the test procedure before voting:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Test_procedure
>

> Thank you.
>
> Happy voting,

Stephen Lewis