Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr> on 2006/02/23 17:12:11 UTC

Modus protocol

Hi,

I'm working on a modbus protocol codec for MINA. Modbus is a protocol
used a lot in automation. It's a messaging structure used to establish
master-slave/client-server communication between intelligent devices
(most of time PLC).

http://modbus.org/

If anybody is interested I can pass him test versions.

PS : after that I finish JMX support, be sure :)

Julien

Re: Modus protocol

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr>.
Le vendredi 24 février 2006 à 08:59 +0900, Trustin Lee a écrit :
> On 2/24/06, Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr> wrote:
>         Hi,
>
>         I'm working on a modbus protocol codec for MINA. Modbus is a
>         protocol
>         used a lot in automation. It's a messaging structure used to
>         establish
>         master-slave/client-server communication between intelligent
>         devices
>         (most of time PLC).
>
>         http://modbus.org/
>
>         If anybody is interested I can pass him test versions.
>
> Wow, this sounds really interesting though I don't have any deep idea
> on it.  Are you going to open-source it?

It's not very complex, you got a master device querying slave devices
table of data (integer and bit flags).

If there is enougth audience, yes I'll opensource it :)

>         PS : after that I finish JMX support, be sure :)
>
> We're getting a lot of help from you.  Thanks for your contribution as
> always! :)

Thanks

Re: Modus protocol

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
On 2/24/06, Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm working on a modbus protocol codec for MINA. Modbus is a protocol
> used a lot in automation. It's a messaging structure used to establish
> master-slave/client-server communication between intelligent devices
> (most of time PLC).
>
> http://modbus.org/
>
> If anybody is interested I can pass him test versions.

Wow, this sounds really interesting though I don't have any deep idea on
it.  Are you going to open-source it?

PS : after that I finish JMX support, be sure :)

We're getting a lot of help from you.  Thanks for your contribution as
always! :)

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6