Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Jones Gwyn <gw...@traventec.com> on 2001/10/18 18:28:05 UTC

Xerces-C porting effort?

Can anyone with some experience of porting Xerces-C give me advice?

I am trying to work out the effort required to do a port to the Siemens
BS2000/OSD mainframe environment. This is based on standard microprocessors
(Risc) and /390 architecture. It has POSIX support, but the couple of
developers involved do not have a whole lot of 'make' or open-source porting
experience.

Just roughly, are we talking say:
A couple of weeks understanding the whole thing
A couple of weeks actually implementing changes
A couple of weeks trying to resolve problems
A couple of weeks contingency

Or is that way off the mark?

Which of the current ports might be the best starting point?
Roughly how problematic are these ports from scratch?

Thanks, Gwyn.