Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by Roy Lenferink <rl...@apache.org> on 2020/02/02 13:46:26 UTC

/srv/subscriptions directory

Hi all,

Hopefully an easy question; I've setup Whimsy locally on my (CentOS 8)
machine. Most of the functionality works however it complains about missing
the /srv/subscriptions directory when e.g. visiting
http://whimsy.local/roster/committee/celix.
Anyone who has an idea where this data is retrieved from as it is not part
of the repository.yml?

Detailed error message:

500 - Internal Server Error

"Hey, Rocky! Watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat."

Oh, snap! Something went wrong. Error details follow:

   sinatra.error = No such file or directory @ rb_file_s_mtime -
/srv/subscriptions/list-subs
   sinatra.route = GET /committee/:name
   REQUEST_URI = /roster/committee/celix

ASF Members may also review access protected: /members/log/

Also please check for ASF system errors at: status.apache.org

Re: /srv/subscriptions directory

Posted by Roy Lenferink <rl...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the pointers Sam!

/members/log/ is working for me (contains whimsy_access.log and whimsy_error.log). However, I
needed to manually create the symlink since the Rakefile is looking for /var/log/apache2 and in my
installation it's /var/log/httpd, but that was fairly easy to resolve ;)

With your change I am able to view the committee page as well again.

Are the scripts in https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/infrastructure/apmail/trunk/bin the only scripts I
need to run? Or only the listmodsubs.sh & whimsy_qmail_ids.sh as described in the README?
I tried running them but they rely on the existence of /home/apmail and the ability to rsync data
to/from whimsy-vm4 & whimsy-vm5 as I understand.

Is this correct or are there a few steps I didn't follow?

Thanks :)

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.