Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Si Chen <si...@opensourcestrategies.com> on 2006/07/07 01:33:22 UTC

should expired inventoryitems still be reservable?

Hi.

Just noticed that if inventory items with InventoryItem.expireDate in
the past are still being reserved against order items.  Is this a bug?

Si

Re: should expired inventoryitems still be reservable?

Posted by Si Chen <si...@opensourcestrategies.com>.
I think you're right, Jacopo.  Reserve inventory routines should skip
items with QOH <= 0.  What do you think, David?

With respect to the "cool service," I think we'd want to have some
way to make and adjustment inventory reservations manually down the
road.  What David mentioned should definitely be a part of it.

Si

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.

Posted by Si Chen <si...@opensourcestrategies.com>.

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.

Posted by Si Chen <si...@opensourcestrategies.com>.

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.

Posted by Si Chen <si...@opensourcestrategies.com>.

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.

Posted by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de>.
Si Chen schrieb:
> Hi.
>
> Just noticed that if inventory items with InventoryItem.expireDate in
> the past are still being reserved against order items.  Is this a bug?

I'd say yes. As an example companies producing food or drugs will be in
trouble if they are selling stuff with an exceeded expire date but I
could imagine there are companies who sell stuff even if the expire date
has been reached.
So I think the default should be that inventory with an expire date in
the past shouldn't get reserved but maybe add an option (global, store
or product) to allow this.

Or maybe display a warning "Inventory has expired"

--
Christian