Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by kumar r <ku...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/22 07:31:58 UTC

Hadoop-2.7.2 MR job stuck in accepted state

Hi,

I have configured hadoop-2.7.2 pseudo-node cluster in windows. When i
submit a MR job, it works fine. But if i submit multiple MR jobs then only
one job runs at a time.

First job is in RUNNING state and all other job in ACCEPTED state even yarn
has enough memory (3 GB free out of 6 GB).
But the same works fine in hadoop-2.5.2

*yarn-site.xml*

<property>
 <name>yarn.nodemanager.resource.memory-mb</name>
 <value>6144</value>
</property>
<property>
 <name>yarn.scheduler.minimum-allocation-mb</name>
 <value>256</value>
</property>
<property>
 <name>yarn.scheduler.maximum-allocation-mb</name>
 <value>2250</value>
</property>

Any new property to be set for running multiple job at a time?

Stack Overflow Question :
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35545986/hadoop-2-7-2-mr-job-in-accepted-state

Thanks,

Kumar

Re: Hadoop-2.7.2 MR job stuck in accepted state

Posted by Varun Saxena <vs...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kumar,

This has to do with yarn.scheduler.capacity.maximum-am-resource-percent
which by default is 0.1
This parameter is used to control the number of concurrently running apps.
Refer to
https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.7.2/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/CapacityScheduler.html#Queue_Properties

Regards,
Varun Saxena