Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by ca...@encopim.com on 2009/11/24 13:05:43 UTC

Problems executing application with log4cxx

Hello,

First, sorry for my english.

I'm new with log4cxx and I have problems. When I use
PropertyConfiguration into my code, application crashes, but if I use
BasicConfiguration, works fine.

#include <log4cxx/logger.h>
#include <log4cxx/propertyconfigurator.h>
#include "Sistema/SistemaRTEST4Cilindres.h"

using namespace log4cxx;

LoggerPtr logger(Logger::getLogger("main"));

int main(int argc, char *argv[]){
     SistemaRTEST4Cilindres *sistema=NULL;

     PropertyConfigurator::configure("/etc/rtai/log/log4cxx.properties");

     LOG4CXX_FATAL(logger, '\n');
     LOG4CXX_INFO(logger, "Programa main(): Cargamos el sistema");

/etc/rtai/log/log4cxx.properties

# Sample ResourceBundle properties file
log4j.rootLogger=INFO, R

log4j.appender.R.File=/var/log/rtaid.log

log4j.appender.R.MaxFileSize=200KB
log4j.appender.R.MaxBackupIndex=10

log4j.appender.R.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%t] %-3p (%F:%L) - %m%n

log4j.logger.Cicle=WARN
log4j.logger.DadesFase=WARN
log4j.logger.Fase=WARN
log4j.logger.Modul=WARN
log4j.logger.Sistema=WARN
#log4j.logger.Sistema.RTEST=WARN
log4j.logger.Transicions=WARN
#log4j.logger.ServidorDades=WARN

My host OS is Debian, someone have any idea??

Thank you.

--
Carlos Jiménez

ENCOPIM S.L.
C/. del Parc 5 (nau 13), P.I. Els Pinetons
E-08291 RIPOLLET (Barcelona)
Tel: (+34) 935 94 23 47
Fax: (+34) 935 94 64 15

La información contenida en la presente transmisión es confidencial y su
uso únicamente está permitido a su(s) destinatario(s). Si Ud. no es la
persona destinataria de la presente transmisión, rogamos nos lo
comunique de manera inmediata por teléfono (+34 935 942 347) y destruya
cualquier copia de la misma (tanto digitales como en papel).

The information contained in this transmission is confidential and is
intended only for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the
designated recipient of this transmission, please advise us immediately
by telephone (+34 935 942 347) and destroy any copies (digital and
paper).

Re: Problems executing application with log4cxx

Posted by ca...@encopim.com.
The problem seems to be the size of log file, but now I have another problem.
If I want to use logger Sistema.RTEST, it doesn't work, but if I use
rootLooger, works fine.

SistemaRTEST4Cilindres.cpp

#include "SistemaRTEST4Cilindres.h"

LoggerPtr loggerSistemaRTEST(Logger::getLogger("Sistema.RTEST"));
//LoggerPtr loggerSistemaRTEST(Logger::getRootLogger());

void SistemaRTEST4Cilindres::obrirTargetes(){
     LOG4CXX_INFO(loggerSistemaRTEST, "Abrimos los dispositivos para
las targetas que tenemos");
     // EDITAR:
     targetes[iE6229_1]->open("/dev/comedi0");
}
The only difference with other examples is that this code is inside a
directory.

main.cpp
Sistema/SistemaRTEST4Cilindres.h
Sistema/SistemaRTEST4Cilindres.cpp

I've tested in the main directoy and that worked correctly. That's
what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you

Quoting carlos_jimenez@encopim.com: