Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Kris Deugau <kd...@vianet.ca> on 2014/08/26 17:22:49 UTC

Prevent DNSBL URI matches, without affecting regex URI rules?

Is there a way to prevent a URI from being looked up in DNSBLs, without
*also* preventing that URI from matching on uri regex rules?

I would like to add quite a few popular URL shorteners to
uridnsbl_skip_domain, but then I can't match those domains in uri regex
rules for feeding "x and URL shortener" meta rules.

Still using SA 3.3.2;  if the behaviour of uridnsbl_skip_domain has been
narrowed down in 3.4 to only skipping the listed domains on DNSBL
lookups (as per its name) that may prod me to get 3.4 running.

-kgd

Re: Prevent DNSBL URI matches, without affecting regex URI rules?

Posted by Kris Deugau <kd...@vianet.ca>.
Karsten Bräckelmann wrote:
> Works for me.

> Also verified the 3.3.2 (and 3.3.0 for that matter) svn tag version, in
> addition to my local 3.3 branch above. Same result, works for me.

I stand corrected (and confirmed locally).

Posted by Karsten Bräckelmann <gu...@rudersport.de>.
On Tue, 2014-08-26 at 11:22 -0400, Kris Deugau wrote:
> Is there a way to prevent a URI from being looked up in DNSBLs, without
> *also* preventing that URI from matching on uri regex rules?
>
> I would like to add quite a few popular URL shorteners to
> uridnsbl_skip_domain, but then I can't match those domains in uri regex
> rules for feeding "x and URL shortener" meta rules.

Works for me.

$ echo -e "\n example.com" | ./spamassassin -D --cf="uri HAS_URI /.+/"
dbg: rules: ran uri rule HAS_URI ======> got hit: "http://example.com"

$ ./spamassassin --version
SpamAssassin version 3.3.3-r1136734
  running on Perl version 5.14.2

$ grep example.com rules/25_uribl.cf
uridnsbl_skip_domain example.com example.net example.org

> Still using SA 3.3.2;  if the behaviour of uridnsbl_skip_domain has been
> narrowed down in 3.4 to only skipping the listed domains on DNSBL
> lookups (as per its name) that may prod me to get 3.4 running.

Oh, 3.3.2...