Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Ja...@uv.es on 2003/12/15 12:41:03 UTC

snapshot database view

   I wonder if it is possible to get a kind of snapshot view of some
tables of the database with Torque.
   I would like to load the content of a table as objects at the
beginning of my application, and access them without generating new
selects to the database.

   Has anybody solved this case? I think it would be a very interesting
feature for a lot of applications.

   Thanks in advance.

Javi

Re: snapshot database view

Posted by Bogdan Vatkov <bv...@globaltech-bg.com>.
Criteria criteria = new Criteria();
List alist = YourTableClassPeer.doSelect(criteria);
  and list holds all your table represented by the YourTableClass

((YourTableClass)list.get(index)).getMyField ....

Re: snapshot database view

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
Javier.Olcina@uv.es wrote:

>   I wonder if it is possible to get a kind of snapshot view of some
>tables of the database with Torque.
>   I would like to load the content of a table as objects at the
>beginning of my application, and access them without generating new
>selects to the database.
>
>   Has anybody solved this case? I think it would be a very interesting
>feature for a lot of applications.

I think you could achieve this through the use of Managers with the
appropriate JCS configuration.

Scott

--
Scott Eade