Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Olivier Lamy <ol...@accor.com> on 2006/02/03 13:49:18 UTC

Specifying a New Packaging / Creating a Custom Artifact Handler

Hi all,
I need to Specifying a New Packaging (I have read the section called
Specifying a New Packaging [1]).
This part is ok.
But I have a trouble with the section called Creating a Custom Artifact
Handler.
I use this : <addedToClasspath>true</addedToClasspath>

But when I try javadoc:javadoc on an module with this new packaging.
Mvn says :
Not executing Javadoc as the project is not a Java classpath-capable
package.

I have try my own implementation of ArtifactHandler which simply extends
org.apache.maven.artifact.handler.DefaultArtifactHandler.
But the same result.

Note , I use the following hack (if not my file =
artifactId-${version}-{packaging}) :
this.getProject().getArtifact().setArtifactHandler( new my own
implementation of ArtifactHandler );
getProject().getArtifact().setFile( artifactFile );
My own implementation of ArtifactHandler override :
- getPackaging()
- getExtension()
- getType()
- isAddedToClasspath() with return true.

What's wrong ?? (an already existing issue ?)

Thanks in advance,
- Olivier

[1]
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-lifecycl
e.html

This e-mail, any attachments and the information contained therein ("this message") are confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you have received this message in error please send it back to the sender and delete it. Unauthorized publication, use, dissemination or disclosure of this message, either in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.
Ce message electronique et tous les fichiers joints ainsi que  les informations contenues dans ce message ( ci apres "le message" ), sont confidentiels et destines exclusivement a l'usage de la  personne a laquelle ils sont adresses. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, merci  de le renvoyer a son emetteur et de le detruire. Toutes diffusion, publication, totale ou partielle ou divulgation sous quelque forme que se soit non expressement autorisees de ce message, sont interdites.