Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Dean A. Hoover" <dh...@rochester.rr.com> on 2004/02/23 15:04:01 UTC

ant emulation of "Upload a WAR file to install"

I am using ant 1.6 and tomcat 4.1.29.
I have set my webapps directory to someplace
other than the usual place. When I use
the /manager/html/list application through
my browser, I can use the "Upload a WAR file to install"
form to put my war file in the webapps directory,
unpack it and run it. This is exactly the behavior
I would like to emulate in ant, but I do not see
how. I have played around with the "install" and
"deploy" tasks, but they do not operate the same
as the upload form does. How can I do what the
form does using ant?

Thanks.
Dean Hoover

Re: ant emulation of "Upload a WAR file to install"

Posted by "Dean A. Hoover" <dh...@rochester.rr.com>.
Thanks. I'll give that a try... when does tomcat notice
the war file?

Posted by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com>.

--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.16 + java 1.4.2