Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jack Yu <jy...@iis-consulting.com> on 2007/05/07 18:28:40 UTC

problem with Struts 2 setup -The requested resource (/struts2-blank-2.0.6/) is not available

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to Tomcat5 and Struts2, and I'm having problem setting up struts.

I installed Tomcat 5, and checked that http://localhost:8080/ is working
fine.

Then I copied the sample war file "struts2-blank-2.0.6.war" from struts into
to the webapps directory under tomcat 5, and restart tomcat.

If I go to http://localhost:8080/struts2-blank-2.0.6/

I have the following error(seems the webapps is not running at all):

"description The requested resource (/struts2-blank-2.0.6/) is not
available."

Does anyone know what's the problem here?

Thanks,

Jack

Re: [OT] (Solution) RE: problem with Struts 2 setup -class file has wrong version 49.0, should be 48.0

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
At this point, this is a Tomcat configuration issue rather than a Struts
issue, but for the sake of completeness:

 >   3) Make sure javac and java are both 1.6 from the command line, and
in the
 > tomcat configuration, the jvm path is:
 >      C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_01\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll

You're pointing to the JRE, which doesn't include the Java compiler.
Tomcat needs the compiler to compile the servlets it generates from your
JSPs, which is why you end up with an error (all be it, not a very clear
error :-( ).

The correct solution would be to point Tomcat to the full SDK instead of
just the JRE. If you'd like further clarification of advice regarding
this, please follow up on the Tomcat Users list.

L.

Re: problem with Struts 2 setup -The requested resource (/struts2-blank-2.0.6/) is not available

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Jack Yu <jy...@iis-consulting.com>.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- Patrick J Kobly <pa...@kobly.com> wrote:
> Looks like struts needs 1.5+...

Correct; S2 needs 1.5 unless you're using the
converted J4 jars.

Posted by Patrick J Kobly <pa...@kobly.com>.

Posted by Jack Yu <jy...@iis-consulting.com>.
Ok, I found the error from the log
2007-05-07 12:51:55 StandardContext[/manager]HTMLManager: start: Starting
web application at '/struts2-blank-2.0.6'
2007-05-07 12:51:56 StandardContext[/struts2-blank-2.0.6]Exception starting
filter struts2
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
org/apache/struts2/dispatcher/FilterDispatcher (Unsupported major.minor
version 49.0)

	at
a:683)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.

--

Mike Baroukh

---