Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Kurt Kavanaugh <kk...@swingtide.com> on 2002/10/17 16:16:06 UTC

Classloader issues with log4j in my SOAP env from AXIS rc2

If I place the commons-logging.jar before the log4j.jar I get the
following

java.lang.VerifyError: (class: org/apache/log4j/LogManager, method:
<clinit> signature: ()V) Incompatible argument to function

        at org.apache.log4j.Logger.getLogger(Logger.java:85)

If I place commons-logging.jar afer log4j.jar the problem goes away.

Any and all information is greatly appreciated...

- Kurt

Note I have seen others with similar issues in other discussion groups.

Kurt Kavanaugh
Principal Engineer
Swingtide, Inc.