Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org> on 2007/05/31 03:48:26 UTC

[jci] license headers (was Re: [vote] releasing jci RC2 as 1.0)

>> > Is it trivial to create a POM from scratch?
>>
>> I fear that probably comes down to the personal opinion :)
>>
>> IMO - yes, it is trivial to write a POM from scratch. It just
>> describes the project. All you need to know are the dependencies. The
>> rest are details you don't necessarily need.
>>

> See:
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-legal-discuss/
> 200702.mbox/%
> 3C2d12b2f00702022153t6c6f9fcble07d8e629b7c7413@mail.gmail.com%3E
>
> which says that ALL files need headers, unless they are very short and
> having the header would have a negative affect on the application.
>
> So I think the headers are needed.

Justin says: "...any compiled or server-side interpreted source code
MUST have the current and correct license header." And of course I
totally agree with that. But a pom is no interpreted source code -
it's a description of the project. So I don't think this is
applicable. And even if it was - as Justin pointed out ...it is his
opinion.

...but anyway.

I just want to get this f... ine release out of the door and so
created a RC3

cheers
--
Torsten