Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by brain_damaged <br...@florida-wireless.com> on 2002/07/10 16:57:20 UTC

php and apache problem - i think

Hello,
unfort another newbie needs help.
I installed redhat 7.3 from bought cds. I installed nothing special and used the graphic install.

Apache and php were installed from the cd.
Apache is working. I server some pages. However I can not get php pages to work.
I went to php.net and read over the FAQ and did insured that the AddModules and LoadModules were loading. The x-http commands are there also.

I do not get any errors but just the wording of the php file on the screen.

The php and apache I think were loaded from rpm's on the initial install.

My php output is here. http://208.62.145.44/php.html
(i got this by doing a php -i > php.html

apache is 1.36.23 and the php is 4.1.2
I just don't know enough to see what is wrong.
Can anyone point me in the rigth direction. I have been to the php and apache sites and looked at too much I think.

Thanks
Mark

Re: php and apache problem - i think

Posted by Manuel Carrara <ph...@w3suite.com>.
> Hello,
> I do not get any errors but just the wording of the php file on the screen.
Have you done?
If you'r shure your modules are loaded, check if:
----> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php4 .php3
is set. And remember only this suffixes you add will be dispatched by php.

> My php output is here. http://208.62.145.44/php.html
> (i got this by doing a php -i > php.html
.html, change to .php or add .html to the AddType directive.

Hope this helps,
Manuel