Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by "Ted E. Allen" <mr...@gmail.com> on 2022/01/26 20:45:19 UTC

Typing error

Dear Sirs,
I recently downloaded Apache Office 4, version 4.1.11;  I did so due to an
error in my older version and was hoping by upgrading that the error would
be corrected.  I am using Windows 7.
My error is still there and I tried to figure out if I did something to
make it happen.  What happens is: when I type an* a* and then spacebar, I
get* Mac*. I then would have to erase the M and c just to get the a.
Is there a simple way for me to correct this?
Sincerely,
Ted E. Allen

Re: Typing error

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Wed, 26 Jan 2022 15:45:19 -0500
"Ted E. Allen" <mr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Sirs,
> I recently downloaded Apache Office 4, version 4.1.11;  I did so due to an
> error in my older version and was hoping by upgrading that the error would
> be corrected.  I am using Windows 7.
> My error is still there and I tried to figure out if I did something to
> make it happen.  What happens is: when I type an* a* and then spacebar, I
> get* Mac*. I then would have to erase the M and c just to get the a.
> Is there a simple way for me to correct this?
> Sincerely,
> Ted E. Allen

/Tools /Autocorrect options : Replace tab and erase the *a* entry.

The install of a later OpenOffice picked up your existing options (as an install of a later version always does).

--
Rory O'Farrell