Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Tobbi <to...@systinet.com> on 2002/06/12 08:05:04 UTC

How to recognize Xerces version

   Hi,
I've got a problem with Xerces Node.cloneNode() method. I need to duplicate DOM structure because of later changing. It works fine on Xerces 2.0, but at application server and Netbeans I get some strange implementation.

Is there any way how to recognize Xerces version? The best way would be if I could take implementation class under Node interface I hold and test the class name.

Problem is, that in VM are at once:

Xerces 1.2.x or 1.3.x
Xerces 2.0
Crimson

   Thanks very much, Tomas Bouda

Re: Is it possible to find a node by his attribute?

Posted by Rum Pel <ru...@hotmail.com>.

>     And I want to find a node method whose number was 4, for example. And
> don't want to go throw all the tree by a nodelist. Is it possible?

If you don't have a schema, you are out of luck.
but if you have, you can use it to make some heuristics
and speed up the searching - you know where to look
and what to skip.

--rp

Is it possible to find a node by his attribute?

Posted by Marcial Atienzar <ma...@servicom2000.com>.
Hello,

    I've this structure:

        <root>
            <method number="1">
                <option>hello</option>
                <option>bye</option>
            </method>
            <method number="2">
                <option>what's the matter</option>
                <option>spydi</option>
            </method>
            .
            .
            .
        </root>

    And I want to find a node method whose number was 4, for example. And I
don't want to go throw all the tree by a nodelist. Is it possible?

    Thanks,

        Marcial