Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Denis Abt <de...@pixelpark.com> on 2001/12/12 11:44:43 UTC

Turbine and JSP

We are using the Turbine framework together with Velocity, a great
combination imo. Anyway, for several reasons we need to be able to use
the services provided by Turbine from plain JSP pages.

My two questions are
- can the Turbine configuration be modified in order to process both
Velocity templates and JSP templates ? I found the JSP-howto, but that
doesn't provide much help for me. Is there any further/more detailed
documentation about that ?
- how can the Turbine services be accessed from a JSP page ? Has anybody
already done that ?

Might be a stupid question, sorry if that's the case. I need to find
that out, although I prefer using the Velocity model, which I think is
great.

Thanks for any help
Denis

Re: Turbine and JSP

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Denis Abt <de...@pixelpark.com> writes:

> We are using the Turbine framework together with Velocity, a great
> combination imo. Anyway, for several reasons we need to be able to use
> the services provided by Turbine from plain JSP pages.
>
> My two questions are
> - can the Turbine configuration be modified in order to process both
> Velocity templates and JSP templates ? I found the JSP-howto, but that
> doesn't provide much help for me. Is there any further/more detailed
> documentation about that ?
> - how can the Turbine services be accessed from a JSP page ? Has
> anybody already done that ?
>
> Might be a stupid question, sorry if that's the case. I need to find
> that out, although I prefer using the Velocity model, which I think is
> great.

It can be done, has been done, and there is code in some repo to do
it.  However, the state of said code is uknown by me.  None of the
active maintainers actually use JSP at the moment, so it doesn't get
much attention.  That does not mean that you couldn't whip whatever
that's there into shape and have JSP support fairly quickly, of
course.